Posted on May 30, 2012
- Rome- Bologna 2 hours 17 minutes
- Milan-Bologna 1 hour 5 minutes
- Florence-Bologna 37 minutes
- Naples-Bologna 3 hours 42 minutes
- Venice- Bologna 1 hour 27 minutes
The above is a listing of how long it takes to get to Bologna, capital city of Emilia Romagna region, via Trenitalia and the FrecciaRossa (fast train). Earlier this month, I spent five days in Emilia Romagna thanks to Blogville, an initiative created by the region of Emilia Romagna. A bit of Real World meets Travel Blogging, and an excellent way of introducing the region to the world. With everything organized by Nicholas Montemaggi , all I had to do was hop on a few trains and was everywhere I needed to be in about 40 minutes. It is that easy to get around.
- 17 deaths
- lots of buildings crumbled
- countless gran padano, parmigiano reggiano and balsamic vinegar destroyed
The above is the abbreviated list of the devastation from the earthquake and aftershocks that have hurt the region from May 20th until today. I am hoping they will stop. If you are visiting Italy (or live here), take another look at those train times and buy a ticket to Bologna.
*a few things that I love about the region